Monday, July 21, 2008

Groove Merchants Were Back!!!

Our nephew Steven came to town from Florida this weekend, and we kept him really busy! Saturday Kelley and I figured he wouldn't really want to go shopping with us girls to Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, which, by the way, was GREAT!....I'm sure Kelley will be commenting about that, so he and new cousin-in-law Patrick did their own thing....water basketball, rock wall-climbing, Batman movie...boy stuff. Anyway, when we rejoined again, we headed over to Kierland Commons shopping area, where there was to be a Groove Merchants concert "in the park". For those who don't know, that was the band who played at Kel & Patrick's wedding! Patrick's Mom, Lisa, met us there, too, so we got our blankets and chairs spread out and enjoyed the 3 hour concert under the palms! It was rather toasty sitting outside with NO breeze, but the music made it so no one cared. Very fun....and brought back good memories!
Steven, Kel, Patrick
The newlyweds! The band!
Steven, Kelley, and I were up dancing (no shocker there!)
My friend Polly was there with her kids and 6 grandchildren!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Looks like lots of fun - too bad we missed it! Glad Kelley & Steven danced a little for me... :o)

Kelley said...

The pics are awful but it was so much fun!! Steve and I had a great time - i didn't know he knew east coast swing and so we had a great time! I love the groove merchants. i'm so sad the wedding is over :(

Lynne said...

How cool was that though that you got to see your band again Kel! Sounds like a fun time, and I don't think the pics are bad, I enjoyed them!!