Monday, July 21, 2008

Gramps and the Kids

So on Sunday after church, Kelley, Patrick, Steven, and I went over to see Dad. He was SO happy to see us! It was really cute! His voice even got stronger with us just being there for awhile! OK...so in this pic he was having a bad hair day, and obviously something besides the camera caught his eye, but thought it was still cute. (We only took 1 shot). I went back today and he had on an aqua shirt...truly his best color-matches his eyes-and his hair was all tidied up....he said he remembered the kids being there yesterday....he really liked it! (Steven looks so much like Marty when he was that age!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Cute! Too bad they didn't have his hair done the day you guys were there (or as Steven would say, y'all.. hehe). Oh well... fun that he remembered though!!

Kelley said...

i dont' understand why it matters if his hair was done? the important thing is that we visited him, not how his hair looked.
it was very fun!! thanks, mom!

Lynne said...

He does look a little 'rough' compared to when I usually see him, so I can see where your Mom is coming from...but we all have our good and bad days. So nice that y'all visited him though!! ;-)

Julie said...

I'm just saying, I feel all icky the days I don't get my hair and makeup all the way on (yes, it happens :o) ), so I would think they could make an effort. Even working there, I'd rather look at the people living there and know they are fresh and clean... every day, not just every few days. That's all, and a very small point. I think it's great that you visited him and he liked it. And that IS the most important part. :o)